MCH Health Project Officers – 4 staff
Vacancy: MCH Health Project Officers – 4 staff (temporary – 6 months only)
Duty Station: Dushanbe CO
Save the Children International in Tajikistan is looking for a strong, high-qualified Project Officers who have experience on implementation of health projects. The Health Officers will be responsible for the implementation of project activities in 20 villages of two targeted districts and in establishing good relationships with primary health care institutions in project sites, jamoats and village councils as well as MoH and other relevant health institutions.
Fully adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policy and report to the line manager or Child Safeguarding National Focal Point in case of policy violation by staff and/or partners;
Dual Mandate within Emergency – In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Cooperation with relevant Government authorities
- Maintain bilateral relations and harmonized cooperation with relevant Government agencies including PHC at rayon level and community levels, Institutes of family planning at rayon level; district-level IMCI centres;
- To organize and conduct meeting with local government representatives at rayon, sub-rayon and village levels; establish and train community group members and village leaders to keep track of issues hampering the routine process of basic health services for mothers and children at all proposed levels;
Capacity building of communities in target districts:
- Introduce target communities with SCI MCH project objectives and activities and provide an implementation of activities in accordance to proposed by project requirements;
- Conduct training, education sessions and awareness campaigns in accordance to project requirements;
- Support project on conducting of assessments and surveys with necessary data-gathering actions;
- Implement topics to PHC, community and women group members and other project targeted audience on Infant young child feeding (IYCF), diarrhea, ARI and ANC by involving of Primary health care and Family medicine health professionals at community level; women on proposed MCH topics (IYCF, diarrhoea, ARI and ANC and other) by involving of Primary health care and Family medicine health professionals at community level;
- Facilitate and support community women groups on conducting education sessions to village population, events and awareness campaigns, information session to pregnant women on proposed MCH topics (IYCF, diarrhoea, ARI and ANC and other) by involving of Primary health care and Family medicine health professionals at the community level;
- Support project on disseminating of relevant health promotional materials: brochures, leaflets among the targeted audience;
- Provide regular technical assistance to PHC staff and community women groups to ensure the effectiveness of community mobilization activities.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and (semi) annual reports, other required information in a regular base and timely manner to MCH Project Manager & MEAL Officer.
Child Safeguarding Policy Adherence
- Fully adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policy and report to the line manager in case of policy violation by staff and/or partners
University degree/diploma on general Health/ public health or medical university or college degree (nursing, midwifery etc.) as well as social and education sciences.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in Health/public health sector based on the improvement of health care to mother and children, preferably in an international organization context;
- 3 to 5-year experience in implementation of MCH project with international NGOs
- Good understanding of health problems/issues in the country primarily at PHC level;
- Innovative and creative;
- Excellent understanding of outreach and communication strategies at the community level;
- Good English and excellent Tajik language skills;
- Computer literacy (software packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in capacity building and community development.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication and facilitation skills
- Leadership skills and ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Good report writing skills
- Good knowledge of conducting mentoring and coaching
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organize workload to enable a quality service to be delivered.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children right and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.”
How to apply: Interested applicants may send their CV and cover letter to Shotemur Street, house 54, Dushanbe office or email them to email@example.com no later than December 14, 2018. CV’s without a cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview within one week.